Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ted Hose: Feelin' the squeeze!

So I am looking for some good ted hose.......any recommendations? Or are they all the same?  Just in case you don't know, they are also known as compression stockings.  I want the thigh high support.  I stood in surgery for at least 9 hours today.....and the least I could have done was support the veins/valves while I was punishing my legs, feet, back, and hungry stomach.  Ted hose are expensive, so I want some that will be worth the $$.  

The fun part was participating in  the removal of the mid 1/3 of a guys pancreas & watching the surgeons reconnect each end to the small bowel.  Then I watched 'em take out part of a colon & reanast the remaining ends.  The combined surgeries took 9 hours! Yesterday I was quizzed on music & Yankee baseball trivia while sewing mesh into a guy's belly button (yes, I got to stitch something other than skin).  Good times, right?  Aaaahhh, life in the OR........can you believe I like this stuff?

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

You and Mark have been so very good to Dad. He talks about both of you and everything you do for him.
Those are very long hours you spend in surgery!

jzigg7 said...

well sis, Ted hoes are ted hoes. you need to get some that are very supportive. at any pharmacy you can pick them up the come in a % of how much compress they do. I would suggest around the 45% compression. guess what, they don't just come in white anymore there are different colors. if you want white I can get you some when I am at work next. take care. yo little bro

chelsea mckell said...

why did he need part of his pancreas removed? I thought those were important. You'll have to explain it to me this weekend.