Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Emerging from hibernation....

If you have been wondering where I have been for the last 3 months.....I have spent all extra time working on my master's paper/presentation.  It is finally complete!  I spent some quantity of time exploring the details of a possible association between Clostridium difficile diarrhea and proton pump inhibitor use in hospitalized patients.  Sounds exciting, huh?  If you are hard pressed for reading material, I would be happy to send you a copy for your reading enjoyment!  Ha!  I am sure all of you want to read about diarrhea.  I look forward to seeing everyone again, and getting some much needed sleep.

By the way, Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!  May your drinks be plentiful (if you're into that), and the greenness surround you!

3 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Congrats! I'm sure that feels great being done with that.... so what's next in PA-school world?

Brandie said...

I thought it was associated with the vast amounts of antibiotics they get that kill all the natural floura in their lovely little intestines. I would be interested to see what you found. Glad you are done. Good luck finding a job!

Jami & Mark said...

C.diff is associated with antibiotics, but there is a small increase increase in risk with PPI use. It's not as drastic as antibiotic use, but it's still significant. PPIs are often inappropriately prescribed, so I just concluded that you should consider d/c on a pt to pt basis.

I am done with the project but still have rotations until August. How often do you work at IMC & what shift? I am there in surgery now......it's a nice facility.