Sunday, September 21, 2008

Grandpa McKell's 90th Birthday!

Grandpa McKell turned 90 years old on Sept. 17th, 2008!  On the 13th he had a party and flew in all the grandkids & their families from California, Washington, and Oklahoma (plus all of us that just live here in Utah).  It was a lot of fun for him, he made a grand entrance & everyone stood up and sang Happy Birthday to him as he strolled into the Chilon Reception Center.  All the grandkids sang "You can Make the Pathway Bright" and then the great grandkids & their moms sang "I am a Child of God."  Then all his kids and grandkids got up one by one and talked about their memories of Grandpa & Grandma McKell.  I think it all turned out well, and all the hard work that Marilyn put into the party, and Ashley put into the loaded digital picture frame, paid off and it turned out very special for him!

This is on his actual Birthday!  Mark and I took him to the Pizza Factory & they made him a pizza in the shape of 90, free of charge!  The waitress was sooooo cute & she gave him free cookies too!

Mark & Mark.....two of a kind!

Me, Grandpa, & Mark outside the Chilon

Grandpa & his only living sibling, Mary Helen

Chelsea & Brianna (one of my cute nieces)

Ashley & Allison (another cute niece)

All the Great-Grandchildren singing

The Family pics: Ash & Alli

Mike & Brandi & the Fam (yet more cute nieces & nephews!)

Chelsea, Brian, & Brianna

Melissa, Grandpa, and her kids (the eldest of the super cute nieces & nephews)

The singing Grandkids.......and Ashley is playing the piano.

5 comments:

Cole and Kimala said...

Hey, haven't seen you guys for a long time. I see your Mom every once in a while, not often tho. Cole sees her more than I do. I will be checking in on you guys, and hope to run into you when you visit Cedar.

Kimala

Jami & Mark said...

Yeah, haven't seen you either! Don't you have a little one? We don't get down there too much, but I need to go have my lil sis do my hair! yeah, I bet Cole sees her & my bro pretty often. Hope you're doing well!

chelsea mckell said...

whoo-hoo, I made the blog! I feel famous.

My favorite part was when Grandpa made his grand entrance. That 90 yr old man had the biggest smile Ive ever seen.

Tanner and Kristin said...

Mark McKell! Wow...it's been so long! I'm not really even sure how I found your blog, but am so glad I did. You have such a cute wife - you guys look so great together!! Congrats on being done with school and good luck to Jami in PA school. Take care!
Kristin (Danzer) Cornell

Ashley said...

I love that post so much, I love thinking about how excited grandpa was for that party. I also love the pictures.