Monday, March 1, 2010

Hands


So the topic of discussion lately has been HANDS.......namely the SIZE of people's HaNdS. Everyone knows their shoe size, but do you know your hand size?? If you work in an operating room, or have any other reason to wear sterile gloves, you know what I am talking about. For everyone else.......what size do you think your hands are???

Mine are 6.5

According to some surgeons, their hands are appropriate for what they do.......I'll let you all figure that one out.....

I have the smallest hands in my family, even with the girls, but I think my sister's hands are appropriate for their height & shoe size.

My Grandpa Blood has HUGE hands, and his children do also, in addition to a number of grandchildren (my cousins).......and sometimes they don't fit the body type - but I think that is awesome!!

I like big hands, long fingers, wide fists, and the strength that they exhibit!!

Mark is always so fascinated that my hands are so much smaller than his.....I kind of love that too. ;)

So what size are your hands??
You don't have to use a number, but you can if you know it??
Or use your own creative way to describe them.....

hAnDs are more than just a size.....they tell you much more about a person.....

What do your hands say about you?




5 comments:

Brandie said...

Size 7 or medium if you are talking about gloves. I can reach 2 more than an octave if you are talking about playing the piano and they are the perfect size to squeeze my kids little faces ( in a nice way of course) haha

Jossie said...

Well, since I sell jewelry, I look it as ring size. I tell most of my customers that I have freakishly skinny fingers (because none of my rings in my display fit them). My hands are thin and agile (while we're on the subject...so are my toes, lol!). I agree with you that hands are fascinating now that you brought it to my attention. Neat post.

Jen said...

I have tiny hands, most of my cousins had bigger hands then me (girls of course the boys hands were all ways way bigger)when they were 11 and I was 10-11 years older. haha. I have no idea how to measure my hands (you should have put that in your post) but I will say that my ring finger size is a 4.5.

Jami & Mark said...

I don't know how to measure hands either - I just tried a few sizes of gloves and went with what fit!!

I also wear a medium glove, even though I wear 6.5, the smalls cut off my circulation. I have never thought of seeing how far my hands reach on a piano - that's awesome Brandie - no wonder you play the piano so well!!

And yes, Jos, you do have freakishly long skinny fingers....I remember- I think that's awesome!

chelsea mckell said...

I'm with the first commenter... the only way I've known how to measure hand size is my piano reach! I can almost do one octave. I'd probably be a better piano player if I could reach farther!

Brian has HUGE hands, and they're kinda bony... and they'd look better if he didn't bite his nails! I wonder if nail biting is a McKell thing?! I know there are others in that family that nail-bite...

I WISH I had a size 4 ring size. That would be prettier - slender fingers look so nice - but I'm a solid 5. Except at the end of pregnancy, when I have to remove my ring or they might have to saw it off. Could be very unpleasant.

And - just in case this comment is long enough already.... Brian has often said that the reason he didn't become a dentist was because his hands are too big to stick in people's mouths. And that his large hands made him destined for the NBA. Funny B.