Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

HaPpY bIrThDaY
 R. Scott Zingelman!

May is a great month for Birthdays, including my Dad's!  I love him so much & appreciate all he does for the family & for others!  This pic is an excellent personification of mi padre: camouflage, worn levi's, a sneaky hat, and remote in hand.   Things I love about my dad:

1.  Sacrifice: Dad has a teaching degree, but chose to be a hard-working UPS man in order for Mom to stay home.  Still working hard....he's lookin' forward to retirement.
2. No limitations: Everything they told my dad he couldn't do with his hand, he does!  He shoes horses, plays all kinds of sports, rocks a 10 key, hunts, and you should watch the way he ties his shoes & buttons his shirts.....if we all were so efficient!  So he can't type, but honestly, I don't think he wants to.....he has Mom to do it =0).
3.  The fab husband: Dad always compliments Mom, and all the kiddos, as well as others around him.  He gets flowers for holidays when Mom tells him not to, and goes out of his way to support her.  Us kids have never been so in trouble as when we disrespected my mother!  He is also very good at dancing in the kitchen! 
4.  Example: Dad chose church over milking the cows 1 more day a week as a kid, and now has evolved into the Bishop of his ward!  He devotes a lot of time serving people in all ways!
5.  Trivial: My Dad knows all kinds of random information!   He loves informational programs & can name just about any song & artist  in the 70s.  I luv it!  
6.  The Family Man: Dad tries his hardest to make it to all our events.  At my graduation, he & mom had been up all night at Jayli's Grad night, and they still made it up here.   He also has always put us first, getting our deer 1st on the hunts, and always giving of his precious time to us first.  Not to mention all his earnings goes to the family, and then his "stash" is the money he earns on the side from shoeing horses (and I have seen him give that up!).
7.  There is so much more.........I could go on & on...........

LUV YOU DAD! 

3 comments:

Jossie said...

Ah what a sweet post! Your dad is awesome! I don't know him all that well but from what I remember of him while we were in high school, he can always make ya laugh! Happy Birthday!

Jami & Mark said...

Thanks for the comment Jos....I forgot that one!
Sense of Humor: I luv watching silly movies with my dad! He always laughs out loud! He is a big tease, but wouldn't do it unless he luvs ya!

chelsea mckell said...

This was fun to read - great tribute.

I don't know your dad all that well either, but I can add one to the list... he's the type of guy that immediately makes others feel comfortable around him. Laid back and casual, but not the lazy-laid back type. Hope that makes sense.