Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I've become the Seatbelt Nazi!


Last week was the end of my trauma rotation.....the end of 12-14 hr days, and the end of 2 hrs of commuting.  Even though the commute made it a rough one, I really enjoyed the people I worked with & I learned a lot about the SICU and got to see some sweet surgeries!  The rotation ended with a bang! We had 4 level I or II traumas on my last day, and the motorcycle crash guy transferred to us at end of the day resulted in an ex-lap & spenectomy in the O.R., 4 chest tubes, a subarachnoid bolt (placed in his head), chest compressions, and ultimately a bad outcome....he didn't make it.  So here are the additions to my previous list to avoid the trauma service:

1.  Don't race bullet bikes (or any other motorcycles).
2.  Don't stab yourself in the abdomen when you're mad at your family.
3.  Do NOT let your Grandpa or any other elderly relatives/friends climb on ladders.
4.  Wear your seatbelt (I know, this is redundant, but this is a recurring theme).

If any of you happen to have any other suggestions to avoid massive trauma, feel free to add your comments!

This pic is after one night when I took off my shoes last week.  Guess this is what happens when you are exhausted & get dressed in the dark!   Actually, I grabbed those socks folded together......and my extremely helpful husband who did the laundry matched and folded them......in the light.....hmmmm.  I think they matched how I felt better this way anyway!  Thank you Mark, for all you do!

3 comments:

Jossie said...

So I think that is super funny that you own striped socks :-) He he! Oh, and I love your lists on how to avoid entering the trauma room.

Jami & Mark said...

When you wear the same blue scrubs required every day......socks and shoes are all you have to make it fun! I actually own a lot of fuzzy, striped socks. =0)

chelsea mckell said...

Mark does the laundry?!?!

You tell that man to get over here and teach his younger brother!!

:)