Monday, October 20, 2008

Buck Fever! Is it contagious?

So it's that time of year again, and Mark is just like a lil kid at Christmas!  He has 3 hunts this year, a mule deer hunt in Wyoming, then a regular deer tag in Utah, and in November he is going to North Dakota to hunt mule/white tail deer.  It's like paradise for him!  Well, the Wyoming hunt is over, and it was worth the 6 hour drive! He shot this 4 pt buck (that wants to be a 7 point on one side), and is 26 inches at the widest part.  It's the biggest deer that he has ever shot, and he is definitely going back next year.  They had a few issues with the back window breaking out of his brother's SUV, and then someone slashing their tent.....but in Mark's eyes it was small price to pay (and it wasn't his stuff, sorry Mike!).  I have a happy hunter who is still hitting up Utah for 1 more shot at another deer tomorrow before work.  Crazy, but totally makes him happy!  

THE BIG BUCK!
From the rear...
And the side view....
Btw, did you notice he left the eyeballs in the skull? Yuck! I know he's an eye doctor, but still.....that is gross!
Oh, sorry about the quality of the pics....they were taken on my phone.  When I get the pics in Wyoming from Mike's camera I will put 'em on here.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Jami,
I love the new background for your blog.
Kent is such an outdoor kind of guy who loves to fish and hunt as well. So, I am not surprised about Mark's love of hunting.
Those are some impressive antlers!

Ashley said...

He looks so proud of the deer. I heard that they had some adventures on this hunting trip.